Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Floral Pinafore and Striped Aster Cardigan

About a week ago, my friend sent me a text from an estate sale to see if I wanted some vintage fabric.  I said of course and I was hoping that it wouldn't be too expensive. It turned out to be a crazy bargain and it was even prettier in person.


So I quickly washed a few yards and found a pattern to use. I checked out the Japanese pattern book, Sew Chic Kids, from my library and decided to make the Pinafore (version R). Miette was in between sizes so I went with the larger size 6, knowing that it would probably be a little big on her. It is but that just means I get to see her wearing this adorable dress for a long time!
Vintage Floral Pinafore
Pattern: Pinafore (R) from Sew Chic Kids
Size: 6
Fabric: Vintage floral and vintage pink gingham. The buttons are a cute pink gingham as well


I think that the Aster Cardigan is one of my favorite patterns. This is the fourth one I've made and I love it! I used an thrifted sweater and had almost enough fabric.
I lengthened the sleeves a little bit and I had to piece the collar together so there is a center seam at the back. I also used a woven fabric (same as the dress) for the underside of the collar and for the binding I cut the woven fabric on the bias. It worked perfect!

Cardigan
Pattern: Aster Cardigan by Willow and Co Patterns
Size: 6
Fabric: Thrifted sweater and vintage floral


1 comment:

Masha said...

They are both gorgeous and go so nicely together. I really need to get that cardigan pattern - it is so cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin