Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A Trio of Vintage Dresses

Lately I've been experimenting with some vintage patterns and adding options to achieve slightly different styles. I fell in love with a pattern from the 1950s and so far I've made three different dresses. Once I have the designs finalized I'll be making some to sell in my etsy shop (http://etsy.com/shop/sageandsparrowkids)!

The first is the basic dress. It has darts on the bodice, is sleeveless, has a full gathered skirt, buttons up the back and ties at the back. 

The second version is definitely my favorite. I used all vintage fabric (my friend looked through my stash and chose this combo) and it looks so cute. I used the same bodice and full gathered skirt but I added a Peter Pan collar and ruffled sleeves. 

For the third version I made quite a few changes. The only thing I kept the same was the bodice. I changed the back and omitted all the buttons opting for one button near the top. Instead of the gathered skirt I attached a full circle skirt and added ruffled sleeves. 

Which style is your favorite?

3 comments:

Alex (GiddyAnts) said...

Oh, so hard to choose, but I really love the polka dots!

Valeria said...

I love the third one, vintage pattern and modern colors

Monica Swift said...

So, so cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin