Thursday, November 6, 2014

Gray and Black Plaid // Simplicity 1366

I was browsing Anthropologie for clothing inspiration and I stumbled across this top and fell in love. So the search began for a simple top pattern that would work. I've seen lots of people sew up Simplicity 1366 and it looked like a great style. So when it went in sale for $.99 I snagged the pattern. 

As with all of the commercial pattern companies, I went by the measurements that are shown on the printed pattern pieces. Although this time around I noticed that they actually listed the finished garment measurements on the package. Finally! 

The fit //
I initially sewed a size 12 but it was too big so for this version I sewed an 8 graded to a 12 at the hips. Oh, and I added 4" to the length. Overall I like it but I'm constantly pulling it down and it's still a little loose around the chest. So there is still a bit of tweaking to get the perfect fit.
The fabric //
I love this fabric. It's nice and thick so it will be great when the weather actually cools down. I picked it up at Michael Levine Loft a few months ago and I'm thinking my husband needs a shirt made from it as well. 

I'll be sharing my next project next week, over at Imagine Gnats. And I have to say that I'm very proud of the finished project! Can't wait to share. Here's a sneak peek.
 

1 comment:

Jenya @ While she was sleeping said...

The top looks great on April. I agree though, adding a little length will make it look (and by the sound of it feel) ever better! So, do you prefer to go by finished garment measurements? I find that I prefer to go by body measurements, but really like it when there are both!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin