Friday, September 26, 2014

Black and White Boatneck Tee + Jamie Jeans // Selfish Sewing Week




I've been doing a ton  of sewing lately but haven't really been in the mood to take pictures, edit pictures and blog. I set-up the tripod this morning and took 15 minutes to snap these pictures because this top is too cute not to share! I've been meaning to sew this for awhile and since it is Selfish Sewing Week now seemed like the perfect time! 

Here's the story about this shirt. I bought a boatneck tee at H&M 3 years ago and it was my most worn shirt. But with shirts that get worn a ton, they also get washed frequently. Over time it shrunk and perhaps I grew a bit ;) so I decided to try my hand at rub-off patterning. It's a technique that is used where you don't need to take apart the clothing to get pattern pieces. I used this tutorial and it worked great!
My first one was a little big so I took it in and the second try was great! I even adapted the pattern to work for this self-drafted dotty chambray dress. I made a few additional alterations for my third top and I love the fit. This is my favorite style of shirt and I'm so happy to have a pattern that is exactly what I love.
This gorgeous black and white knit is from the Michael Levine Loft DTLA and it is wonderful. On my recent trip there I took my daughter (her first time) and I left with about 20 pounds of fabric! She even chose her own very sparkly fabric and was so excited to touch and feel all the fabric.
My fall wardrobe is being planned out using all this fabric. You could say that I love black & white, gray and stripes.

The jeans are my first pair of Jamie Jeans that I made earlier this year. They are still holding up, though the fit is a bit tighter than I remember. I still need to make some revisions to the pattern and get started on another pair.
And as always, the kids love sneaking in for some pictures as well. Dirt covered faces and pajamas. Typical morning for us! I'll be back in a few days sharing another make for Selfish Sewing Week!

3 comments:

Jane@Buzzmills said...

That shirt looks great and looks so good on you! And those jeans are fantastic... I might need to take a look at those ...

OnceUpona Sew said...

Great top. I've been debating the idea of making up a pair of these jeans this winter-I can't decide if I'm motivated enough. :)

Inder-ific said...

The jeans!!!! I am just so impressed by these. And the top is adorable - it's such a simple shape, you could make that up in a million different fabrics and each one would have its own look. I love a good TNT pattern, don't you?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin