Friday, August 15, 2014

Desert Rose // A perfect summer dress

I've been waiting a few months to share these dresses with you. I was fortunate to test this amazing pattern that was just released by CailaMade! It's the Desert Rose Dress and Tunic. I've already made three versions and they are definitely Miette's most worn dresses for the summer.
My first version is my favorite. I mean how could it not be? Green Swiss dot combined with a vintage fabric? So cute. And I think I'll be designing this fabric on Spoonflower soon so I can have more of it! I just barely had enough for this dress.
The bodice is fully lined and opens in the front which makes it so easy for M to dress herself. She can twirl in this dress and she can also go hiking or dance around. I'm telling you, perfect for every occasion.

The green version that Miette's friend is wearing is an earlier version of the pattern and it ended up being too big for M. So her friend got a new dress and of course they had to wear them together!

For the second dress, I let Miette chose a fabric from my stash. And she was adamat that the top fabric matched the bottom. No contrasting fabric for this girl! And of course I had to add pockets. This is the dress that she reaches for every day. Not even kidding. And I'm happy to see her wear it every time!
Which dress is your favorite?

Have a great weekend!
April



5 comments:

Sasha said...

She is the cutest little thing - that dress is perfect for her and I love the flowers fabric she picked! Congrats on winning Shorts on a Line!

Renee said...

All are gorgeous! Such a great idea to print more fabric on spoonflower.

Heidi Polcyn said...

They are all gorgeous! I really love her choice too, smart girl!

Inder-ific said...

The FAAAAAAABRICS. Drool!! Especially that first dress, the colors and pattern are just to die for. The second I saw it I had that sinking feeling: "Oh, darn, I bet that's vintage fabric, meaning I can't go out and buy some RIGHT NOW." And sure 'nuff I was right.

I really love the striped one too!

Beth Cavanaugh said...

I keep thinking about this pattern, and your dresses confirm how lovely it is--I might just have to go buy it! I love them all, but the floral would be my girlie's choice too--especially with the pockets!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin