Thursday, June 26, 2014

Bundle Up Sale: Spring Lily Dress

 Hello again! I'm back to share another pattern with you that is part of the Bundle Up Sale. The Spring Lily Dress by Elle Inspired. It is a fully lined dress, with princess seams, and an invisible zipper. I took a few creative liberties with my version and I'm happy with how it turned out!
The dress is fairly simple to sew but I will say that getting the princess seams perfect was tough but not impossible! I love the clean look that a fully lined bodice gives.
A bit about the sizing. I initially cut a size 6 & 8 and decided to do a muslin of the 6 first. My measurements were spot on for the size 6. It was way too big, which was surprising. So then I cut a 4 and it was much better but I still had to take it in on the sides and on the princess seams. Definitely do a muslin to check the fit and you may end up being a size smaller than you think!
I used a vintage fabric for the bodice and instead of doing a gathered or pleated skirt, per the instructions, I removed the waistband of an existing fully lined pleated skirt and attached it to the bodice. Now, this definitely wasn't a quick thing to do but I didn't have any other fabric that I liked for the skirt and since I'm sewing through my stash this was a happy solution!
The skirt is perfect for twirling with my girl! (Details on her dress to come at another time). And I guess you could say that my favorite color combination right now is navy and kelly green!
The Bundle Up sale ends tomorrow so if you want to get some great patterns at a great price, go now! 

Pattern:
Spring Lily Dress by Elle Inspired
Size: 4
Fabric: Bodice is a vintage floral and the skirt is repurposed from an existing skirt


June 20
June 21 
June 22
June 23
June 24
June 25
June 26
June 27

8 comments:

Rachel Reeves said...

STOP ALL THIS! You are making me want to wear normal clothes so badly.

But serious-you are doing such a great job creating. I love that you have such a passion for it!

Mary LeMonnier said...

So beautiful April!! You are amazing!!

Heidi Polcyn said...

So gorgeous!!! It was definitely worth deconstructing the skirt, wow. Cutest mommy/daughter outfits ever! The dress looks amazing on you as well.

Renee said...

I would snatch up that dress if I saw it in the store - beautiful colors and so well fitted. really love it!

Renee // nearest the pin said...

Wow, amazing! I love the colour combination, the vintage fabric - the whole thing actually :)

Inder-ific said...

This looks great!! I love the reuse of the skirt!

hungie gungie said...

This is amazing- it looks like so much fun to wear! I love the colors, and the sweet pictures of the two of you,

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

Im glad I checked out the link on your comment. Im a new fan! Love your style!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin