Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Bundle Up Sale: Hip Hop Tank

I'm excited to share a few things I have sewn as part of the Bundle Up Sale presented by Pattern Revolution. This June sale is a collection full of women's patterns. Some are brand new releases and some have been around for a bit. You can mix and match the patterns you want and buy them at a discounted rate. Not too bad!
The first item I sewed is the Hip Hop Tank by Love Notions. Its a very simple pattern to sew and the result is a nice, simple tank. There are quite a few options but I went with the basic tank. The pattern calls for ribbing around the neck and arms but I decided to use bias tape instead. I had it on hand and like the finished look it gives.
 I'm a fan of this subtle hi-low hem, not too drastic and I like that. This can be made out of knit or a woven. I did a quick muslin to check sizing for the woven. I sewed a medium and it ended up being too large so for this one, I decided to cut a small in the chest and grade to a medium in the hips. Its a bit snug under my arms but the rest of the fit is spot on!
Pattern: Hip Hop Tank by Love Notions
Size: Small at the shoulders/chest and medium in the waist and hips
Fabric: Perhaps chiffon? I'm not exactly sure. It is semi-sheer but its definitely thicker than chiffon

Check back tomorrow for my version of the Spring Lily Dress by Elle Inspired! And visit some of the blogs below to see what they have sewn up!


June 20
June 21 
June 22
June 23
June 24
June 25
June 26
June 27

1 comment:

Mary LeMonnier said...

Super cute tank!!! Love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin