Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Perfect Pattern Parcel #2: Hosh and Hanami

Have you heard about the Perfect Pattern Parcel yet? Basically its a bundle of 5 patterns (parcel #2 is girls clothing patterns) by different indie pattern designers. You chose a price for the patterns and a portion of your contribution goes to charity. You support independent designers and charity. And it's only available until this Friday! And after Friday, it won't be seen again. Sound good? I think so!

I was so excited when I was contacted to sew something from this parcel. And I was even more excited when I found out what patterns were included. All amazing designers and awesome patterns. I had a tough time choosing, and even though I'm showing one outfit I did make a few more. But I'll show you those a bit later.
When Miette saw this butterfly Hanami top hanging on the wall (you know, so I could take some pictures of it for the blog) she grabbed it and didn't want to take it off. I had to pry it off of her before dinner so she wouldn't get it dirty before we could take some pictures. The fit is great (a tiny bit hard to get on her but not impossible) and she loves the skirt portion. And I love the criss-cross back and buttons. So unique and adorable.
 I wanted something for the warm weather we've been having so I decided to make the Hosh pants into shorts. I added a little cuff and they are just the perfect length for jumping, chasing ducks and having fun. The fit is great in the legs, a little loose in the waist but I can make some adjustments to my next pair and it will be a even better!


Trust me, you want this amazing bundle of patterns. Here is the full list of what is included.
Perfect Pattern Parcel #2
Hanami Top or Dress by Straight Grain
Hosh Pants by LoubeeClothing
Celestial Tee by Figgy’s
September Tunic & Dress by Too Sweets Patterns
Caroline Party Dress by Mouse House Creations
BONUS pattern: Prefontaine Shorts by Made With Moxie


And here is some additional information about Perfect Pattern Parcel:  
About PPP:
Put together two entrepreneurial makers driven by their internal voices and one self-taught hacker driven by data analytics , and Perfect Pattern Parcel was born. We are passionate about supporting independent designers in their craft and fostering a community of makers to grow. Our mission is to offer high-quality pdf sewing patterns written by indie designers while supporting children's education.

Choose your price:
Here at Perfect Pattern Parcel, we believe in supporting independent pattern designers. Independent designers create patterns that are innovative, imaginative and in line with current style trends. It’s our opinion that indie patterns are just, well, better than big box patterns, and we’re pretty sure our customers think so too. So, we’re going to allow them to show their support for independent designers in naming their own price for each Parcel.

Support Indie Designers:
Independent designers create patterns that are innovative, imaginative and in line with current style trends. Their patterns encompass a broad range of sizes and fabulous “out of the envelope” fit because they're thoroughly tested by real people. With detailed and well-explained instructions, these patterns often teach as you sew. Independent designers are approachable, providing support, suggestions, publishing additions to your favorite designs, and hosting interactive sewing events. When we are patrons of indie designers, we are supporting small, mostly women owned, businesses. We are developing the community around us. We are helping to making dream come true.

About Donors Choose:
Donors Choose is an organization that matches up the needs of teachers and their students for specific projects with willing donors. The funds raised from each Pattern Parcel sale will go to help K-12 students in minimizing educational inequality and encourage a community where children have the tools and experiences necessary for an excellent education.

7 comments:

Sara said...

Nice job! Looks like she loves it!

Jill Dorsey || Made with Moxie said...

This Hanami and Hosh look super adorable! I don't blame your daughter. I'd would have not wanted to take it off too. ;)

Inder-ific said...

Ah!!! I love this! I love this variation of the Hanami - the cross-back and little peplum are so sweet. And in butterflies! I don't blame her being enamored!

Linda Lee Steaples said...

I love the top but great change of the pants to shorts. I have 2 grand daughters 1 is girly girl & 1 is tom boyish like hre Granny. LOL anyhow thanks for the shorts idea for hosh pants I bought the #2 parcel so this helps me our for Miss Tom boyish!!!! Thanks again Granny Linda.

OnceUpona Sew said...

Great outfit! I love the look of the Hanami. I found the same with my zipper back version a little tight to get on though it fits nicely once it is on!

Janice said...

Great outfit! Are your photos in LB? Looks like a familiar setting!

Straight Grain said...

Oh April - this is such a cute outfit! The Hanami top is supercute - so happy to hear that your daughter loves it! xo, an

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin