Friday, April 18, 2014

Lua Sleep Sack Pattern Tour


Hello! I am so excited to be a part of this pattern tour and to be able to share this adorable project. An from StraightGrain put out a call for pattern testers a few months ago and I fell in love with the design of the sleep sack. Henri is still at the age where I put him in one for bedtime and now I had the chance to make him one that is completely adorable!
I sewed the basic version but there is also an option to add piping, which looks adorable. There is an outer fabric, batting and lining. A side zipper and buttons. Now, you may be concerned about a baby and buttons but An gives very specific instructions for how to sew the button on and it is definitely the most secure button I have ever sewn!
The instructions are so very detailed and easy to follow. This came together quickly and it looks awesome! I just love these adorable little whales. And its nice and cozy for H. The sizing is great, he will be able to wear this for awhile... or until he figures out how to cover himself with the blanket!
The only problem that I ran into was that my fabric shrunk. A lot. I ended up cutting the back piece upside down because that was the only way I could get the pattern to fit. No big deal for me, but if you have fabric similar to mine make sure to measure your yardage AFTER you wash it!

Thanks so much for having me, An! This pattern is on sale now! Visit An's blog for more details.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin