Monday, April 14, 2014

Fawn Lily Dress: New Pattern from Willow and Co.

Hello! I've been doing a ton of sewing and pattern testing lately. Which means I have a backlog of amazing things I'm going to share with you. And this is the week!
I was so excited when I heard about the new collaborative pattern company Willow and Co. There are so many amazing designers and I'm in love with their first collection. Wanderlust, a glamping collection. I love camping but with kids, the term glamping (glamorous+camping=glamping) sounds very appealing! 
This is the Fawn Lily designed by Rebecca from Rock the Stitch. The design and construction is so unique and lends itself to so many amazing variations. I made the above the knee length, criss-cross top, pleated sleeve and pockets. How cute is it? I can honestly say this is my favorite dress that I have made and Miette agrees. She wears it almost every day.
I used a vintage floral fabric along with linen and an orange sleeve. I used orange top stitching and some brown piping. I want to make her 10 more variations of this dress!
We took these pictures at a place near our house. We go there at least once a week, after naps. How perfect is it for pictures? And yes, I'm planning to frame lots of these pictures.

I'll be sharing about the Clover Shorts and Persimmon Top later. Two more absolutely amazing patterns! These patterns will be for sale starting April 22nd. Visit Willow and Co to find out more! And I will be seeing you a lot this week!

6 comments:

Renee // nearest the pin said...

I'm a huge vintage fabric fan - I love how you've used it in this dress April, the perfect vintage/modern balance... and oh my word that tree is amazing!

Heidi Polcyn said...

Oh my goodness April. This is the most stunning post ever!!! Framers for sure! I literally gasped when I saw that tree. Amazing. Besides the location (of which I am insanely jealous), the dress is so beautiful!! Orange is a color I'd like to use more, and your use of it is very inspiring!

Mie Brindle said...

Such a pretty version of the dress. Wow. Thank you so much.

Rebecca Holmes said...

Thank you so much for sharing April! You did an amazing job; I loooove it!
And that tree in the first picture is so cool!

Tasha Early said...

fioewafheoianljslkf

That's the sound of me drooling over that dress. HAND IT OVER.

Inder-ific said...

So. Pretty. I love that fabric so much. I was reading along, waiting for you to tell me what it is and where I can buy some, and then you said the dreaded word "vintage." SOB.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin