Monday, January 13, 2014

Winter Wonderland in California // PRAP Week 1


Winter Wonderland. Well, in Southern California this year our winter has been wonderful with temperatures in the 70s. I would love a little rain but its pleasantly crisp in the morning and evening and just perfect during the day.

So my Winter Wonderland clothing this year is short sleeves and a skirt. But the combination of gold, stars, and blue remind me of a lovely scene of dark skies, starry nights, a dusting of snow and a little sparkle with some twinkly lights. And the white flowers in the grass could be a little sprinkle of snow, yes?
Outfit Details
Skirt: Lazy Days Skirt by Oliver and S. Gold taffeta underskirt and a dark blue fabric with gold dots.
Top: Sweet Bonnie Top by Shwin Designs. Main is a mustard with gold dots, collar is from a vintage napkin and has blue piping. The zipper is also a navy blue.
Shoes: I just happened to find these on Zulily after I planned the outfit in my head. They are the perfect match and just fabulous for my active girl!
She fell in love with both the skirt and top and was more than happy to wear them and run around at the park. That made me happy!






15 comments:

Paisley Roots said...

I just love the colors and fabric combos! That collar is darling!

Jenn AJennuineLife said...

I love this! I've been dying to see what you did with those fabrics. She looks so happy in it.

Renee said...

love the dark navy and golds - fun fabric mixing. also, the picture of her sitting down is amazing.

Sarah H said...

This is so cute! Hey, I'd gladly ship you some of our snow if there was ANY way possible! We simply have too much!

Ajaire P said...

I love how these fabrics look together. It's totally wintery even in short sleeves. I'm having a minor love affair with gold at the moment so I'm sold :)

Rachel Reeves said...

I want this entire outfit in MY SIZE!! Love it, my talented friend.

Beth Cavanaugh said...

I love these colors and the mixing of patterns! When I saw those shoes, I figured you must have done some fabric painting--amazing that you just found them that way!

OnceUpona Sew said...

I love the gold! What a great combo, it says winter without the snow :) While I like our winter, by this point pictures of green grass do make me long for a little bit of a warm up!

SarahLynn Camper said...

Beautiful. I love the color scheme. And it looks like she loves it! It is soooooo cute.

Without Directions said...

What a sweet outfit and I too love your fabric choices

jacq said...

love this.
you're colors are awesome.
great work!

marnae said...

Love these colors and the wearability (not a word, I'm sure!) of this outfit! Love that first shot--the lighting is incredible

Shelly Morgan said...

This outfit is so awesome! I love all of it - the colors and textures, and the peter pan collar to top it off.

Emily Thompson said...

so fun that you made something winter for CA... beautiful! I also linked up to Project Run and Play... a bathrobe I made for my son! Emily@nap-timecreations.com

Mary LeMonnier said...

This is just perfect!!! M is such an adorable model!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin