Friday, January 10, 2014

Herringbone Denim Jeans

Guys, I made a pair of jeans. And they are amazing! I was fortunate enough to pattern test the Small Fry Skinny Jeans by Titchy Threads. And let me say that the pattern is wonderful. The instructions are so detailed, there are lots of options and they have the potential to look so professional! Laura just released the pattern so go check it out!
I really took my time with these. I wanted to make sure I was doing everything properly and was trying to be as perfect as possible. I'm so happy with how they turned out (minus the uneven back pockets). I would say it took close to 7 hours. Flat felled seams and top stitching are serious business! It was my first time using top stitching thread and switching back and forth was very time consuming. But the results were worth it!
used an adorable stretch denim with a herringbone pattern. I top stitched all seams, used flat felled seams, half fly (no zip), inset front pockets and sewed size 18 months. No problems getting these over his diaper (need to try with his cloth diapers, though I hear theres plenty of room for those). The fit is perfect. I am so excited to have a pattern I can use for both kids and I can use for many years to come!

I highly recommend this pattern. These are the best pair of pants I've sewed. I can't say enough great things about this pattern!

8 comments:

Renee // nearest the pin said...

Wow, great job April!! I'm very temped to give this pattern a go, but the topstitching is intimidating me. Your version looks fab, and your little guy is very cute too :)

Rachel Reeves said...

POTENTIAL to look professional? Those look better than the jeans my kids wear from GAP! Go girl!

Sara said...

They are great! Good job! I think this pattern is really good and the end result looks very professional.

Monica Swift said...

Wow!!! These are amazing, and I LOVE your topstitching.

Laura said...

I'm so happy you like the pattern so much April! Your jeans look amazing - the topstitching is so neat and I love the fabric. Thank you for your help with testing.

Renee said...

The fit looks perfect! and he's absolutely adorable in them.

Inder-ific said...

Super super super cute! And yes, I can see that these are a labor of love! But I love making something that I can really feel proud of, don't you?

I bought this pattern as soon as it came out (I applied to be a tester, but was too late, and then my machine broke down so it was for the best). Can't wait to try it out for my big guy!

The Itinerant Seamstress said...

These are seriously adorable. I really love your fabric selection.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin