Monday, November 18, 2013

Johnny B Good Hoodie // Pattern Testing

I was dressing H for church this morning and put him in this shirt.  And then I realized I never shared it with you! 

I made this a few months ago (I was able to test the pattern) and the weather is finally cool enough for him to wear it.

This pattern is part of the Winter Wonderland Collection by Pattern Anthology. It has an option for a collar, pocket and short sleeves.

The pattern also provides instructions for making a shirt or hoodie using fabric or up cycling a long sleeve button down. I chose to use this shirt I had in my stash.
 I used the existing cuff, button facing, hems, and pearl snaps and that saved a lot of time!  I added the contrasting yoke and shoulder details, which I adore!
I think he may need a few more of these in his wardrobe. Maybe one to coordinate with daddy? So cute. 

Pattern: Johnny B Good Hoodie
Size: 12-18 months
Fabric: Used a thrifted men's shirt. Hood lining, back yoke and contrast details were from linen fabric in my stash.

2 comments:

OnceUpona Sew said...

Aww crazy cute. Great upcycle.

Inder-ific said...

Oh wow, is that cute!! This looks fantastic!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin