Monday, November 4, 2013

Herringbone Jacket for the Little Man

Are you ready to see the most adorable jacket? Ok, here it is!
I'm in love. With both the adorable boy and the jacket! I found this fabric, on clearance for $2.95/yard, from fabric.com. It's a wool blend and has a nice weight to it. I knew it would make a great jacket. Then when I found out Shauna from Shwin and Shwin was re-releasing this pattern (in extended sizes), I was able to test the pattern. This fabric was perfect for the Desmond Jacket pattern. 
My camera is broken so bear with my camera pics. It's so hard to get crisp, focused pictures when my little man just wants to run!
The jacket came together easily and I was done in about 3 days (mostly nap time sewing). I had the hardest time deciding on the cuff and elbow patch. I even asked for a vote on Instagram! And I'm so happy with my choice.
The fit is great. The arms are on the long side but he's growing so fast I wanted it to fit for awhile. I added elbow patches and I was able to use these personalized wood buttons. They have his name on them and they are a perfect match for this jacket!
The small details in this pattern make for such a professional looking jacket. It's fully lined with hand warming pockets, cuffs, and the cutest little curved yoke on the back. 
I highly recommend this pattern. The instructions are easy to follow and the finished jacket is amazing! My husband wants one in his size!

6 comments:

Renee said...

Soooo adorable! All the details came together so well.

Heidi Amber said...

All the details are perfect! Agreed, love the back yoke! Adorable jacket + adorable boy = perfection :)

OnceUpona Sew said...

What a great jacket! Your little guy is looking so handsome in it :)

Inder-ific said...

There is something about babies in jackets with elbow patches that JUST SLAYS ME.

Julie-Katie H said...

So cute, I love it!

Mary said...

Love it!!! And the model :))

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin