Thursday, October 17, 2013

Gray, Black, Cream and White. Dressing for Cool Weather.

Does anyone else have trouble narrowing down pictures? I'm sure I'm not the only one. Sometimes there are just so many adorable pictures that it is hard to choose! So be prepared for lots of pictures.

I'm so happy that it is fall. Although it won't really feel like fall for another month. But I will take advantage of cool days when I can. We can wear our tights, boots, sweaters and coats. And I'm so happy about that!
Size: 5
Fabric: Outer is a home decorating cotton (not sure of the name). Lining is a cream colored cotton.
Adjustments: Took up the sleeves about 4 inches. Added thick piping to the collar and waistband. I love how it looks!
Details: I tested this pattern a few months ago. When the weather was in the 90s! I wanted to wait until it cooled down so I could take some pictures with tights and these adorable boots. Its still not "cold" here in SoCal, but the weather was nice for these pictures. This pattern is great. Easy to follow instructions, a fully lined coat, pockets and it looks just adorable!


Dress/Top Pattern: Vintage McCalls 2635, View B.
Size: 4 and its a perfect fit.
Fabric:  Main, gray and white gingham. A pillowcase I found at Ikea for $.99! The collar and sleeves are a solid gray cotton. The lace is vintage from a recent estate sale.
Adjustments to Pattern: I omitted the bow and went with buttons instead. The lace and collar makes this top pretty frilly so I didn't want to add to much more.
Details: I found this vintage pattern awhile back and decided to sew version B. Its supposed to be a dress but the length is perfect as a tunic. I love the bones of this pattern and I was a bit overwhelmed by the lace and large collar. Until I paired it with the rest of this outfit and now I love it!! Miette, however, is not a fan of the elastic in the sleeves. So we will see if she actually wears this.

Shoes: I need these in my size. Gray chukka boots from a company called Montana Enterprises. Found on Zulily. So cute.

Shorts Pattern: Bubble Pocket Shorts by Elegance and Elephants
Size: 5/6
Fabric: Essex yard dyed linen, in black, by Robert Kaufman. Vintage gray lace detail added to the pockets.
Details: This is my 5th pair of these shorts that I have made. And for some reason, I made so many small errors! But they still turned out adorable. I think they are my favorite pair yet.

4 comments:

OnceUpona Sew said...

Great outfit again! I'm always a little jealous of the areas that can get away with tights and shorts, it's such a great look. We pretty much go from warm to bottom out. It's jacket weather here. Your jacket turned out really sweet too. Makes me want to do one in a bold print :)

Olga Becker @ Kid Approved said...

The outfit is great. Love the vintage vibe of a shirt and shorts. The coat is also awesome.

RaeAnna Goss said...

So sweet!!! I seriously want to go to Ikea!!! I wish we had one closer!

Shelly Morgan said...

This is so cute! I love all the softness and mix of gray.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin