Thursday, September 26, 2013

Rise and Shine PJs // Pattern Testing

I "met" Rachel from Once Upon A Sewing Machine when I made her son this hangout hoodie as part of the Peek-A-Boo pattern clothing swap.

She and her mom, Donna, sew and blog about all the cute things they make for Rachel's kids. They just released their Ruffled PJ pattern and I had so much fun testing this pattern.

I was going to make a cozy plaid version but Miette had other things in mind. A friend have me this chicken, rooster and egg fabric and I had no idea what I would ever make with it. It's not something I would normally chose. But Miette found it and wanted me to use it for the PJs. So I named them her Rise and Shine pajamas! 

I omitted the optional ruffle, since the print was already so busy. The bodice is fully lined, the sleeves have elastic (based on feedback, they updated the pattern to have the sleeves a bit shorter), the skirt portion is gathered (so it twirls!!) and I used snaps instead of buttons. She absolutely loves these and even though its been in the 80's, she insists on wearing these!

They are definitely a fun, fancy pair of pajamas! And so easy to sew. I plan to make her a few more pairs for this Winter!

5 comments:

OnceUpona Sew said...

I love the roosters! So cute. My little one loves to twirl in hers too :)

amy mayen said...

Adorable!! I love your fabrics and the twirly factor!

Olga Becker @ Kid Approved said...

The twirly factor is awesome! Adorable!

Monica Swift said...

Cute! I know a little girl or two who would love that twirl feature ;)

Heidi Amber said...

Love hiw you broke it up with the turquoise! So cute! I think I might need this pattern:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin