Thursday, September 12, 2013

Madonna Ruffle Top // Pattern Testing

Shwin and Shwin/Shwin Designs just released the first of their new Fall pattern line. The Madonna Ruffle Top. I had the pleasure of testing this adorable knit top and it was so fun to sew.
It came together quickly with the ruffles taking the longest amount of time but it was still easy to sew in under two hours!
This was my first time using a knit from JoAnns Fabric and I'll be honest, I didn't like it. The stretch was strange and I think it caused the shirt to size to be off a bit. I think this knit will continue to grow and stretch over time. Oh well, it has an adorable sprinkle pattern paired with ruffles! And my girl loves sprinkles! 
I didn't have a chance to sew one with long sleeves but I will very soon. The sleeves are slightly puffed and are too cute.

She will be releasing a few other comfy patterns soon and you should check them out!
My Miette LaRue is growing so very fast. She is just precious, hilarious, silly and sweet. I love this kid!

1 comment:

Heidi Amber said...

Totally adorbs! I agree it is a weird knit. But not all of the knit from Joanns is, I've found some really nice stuff there :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin