Saturday, September 21, 2013

Draped Cardigan // Selfish Sewing Week

I have a stash of women's patterns. Adorable dresses, shirts, vintage patterns. Mostly purchased, on sale, from the fabric store. But have I cut into any of them and sewn with them? Until recently, no. I also have a handful of patterns by independent pattern makers and I've used quite a few of those.

I just started sewing for myself and it is so much fun! Harder than sewing for kids but so rewarding. I even have two patterns that I plan to sew for my hubby!
My go-to clothing item is the cardigan. I love blazers and sweaters but I always reach for the comfy cardi.
Seamingly Smitten is about to release a new pattern--The Draped Cardigan. And I was able to test the pattern. I wanted it to be a little on the loose side so I sewed a Medium. The fit is great but the next time around I will lengthen the sleeves and the overall length. I just prefer my clothes on the long side.
I picked up the floral knit at M&L Fabrics. It's such a lightweight fabric and so comfy. 

I have a few other things in mind to sew. Hope I can get around to them for Selfish Sewing Week (hosted by imagine gnats).



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin