Friday, September 20, 2013

A little plaid // PR&P Week 3

I had this idea in my mind for awhile. I came across an adorable blue plaid dress paired with an infinity mustard colored scarf while browsing on Pinterest. I knew that was the color scheme I wanted to go with.
I fell in love with these Daphne knickers from Violette Field Threads. I wasn't planning to buy and new patterns or fabric for PR&P but I broke my own rule and bought the pattern. And I'm glad I did!
I searched through my stash and found these plaid shorts I found at an estate sale for $2. Blue, gray, white and a little mustard. Perfect! There wasn't enough plaid fabric for the waistband or ruffle but I had some solid gray lying around and it was the perfect complement to the colors. These just fit her so hopefully she doesn't have a growth spurt anytime soon!

had a hard time deciding on the color and style if the shirt. I've been using lots of prints lately and knew I wanted a solid with the plaid. But what color? Gray, mustard, blue? I started making a mustard colored shirt and it just wasn't working for me. I still plan to make it so she can have a few shirts to wear with these shorts. So I decided to make another Skipper top (by Sew Much Ado). I cut up an old t-shirt and and kept the original hem.
Then I used the mustard fabric for the infinity scarf. When M tried it on, she started giggling like crazy!
I was going to leave it with just those items but when we made plans to go apple picking, I decided to make a cardigan! She needs one and it was going to be chilly so win-win! 
I found some blue and gray knit and I like the simple colors. I used the Greenpoint Cardigan by Hey June! Also, it's unisex so if it lasts long enough I can just switch out the flower buttons so Henri can wear it! Hmm, why did I use white thread instead of gray? Silly me...
It's a different color pallet than I normally go with for my girl. And it's pretty gender neutral, but I love it! And she loves each piece as well!!

22 comments:

Erin said...

this is so cute- I love the mustard scarf mixed with the grays and blues... she looks very chic! :)

Heidi Amber said...

Love! Those knickers are adorable! I love the color scheme, so perfect for fall.

Another Dress said...

I love those pants! I only came across that pattern yesterday and I thought how cute they would be, and now after seeing yours I definately love them! Love the scarf too :)

Renee said...

The knickers paired with the cardigan are so adorable!!!

OnceUpona Sew said...

So cute April! The mustard sets it off well, and I'm loving the ruffled knickers :)

Joy Candrian said...

Loving the knickers you created!
http://xoxograndma.blogspot.com/

Shaffer Sisters said...

Oh my goodness! I am in love. That scarf, the nickers, the cardigan, Wow! You totally knocked it out of the water with this look. Terrific job Momma!
with love,
-Jo

Olga Becker @ Kid Approved said...

I am in love with the outfit. The pants are probably my favorite, though it's hard to pick. :) Love it! Great job!

Deborah Devine said...

I was thinking about making my granddaughter knickers instead of a skirt, and after seeing yours I want to make those knickers too. Darling outfit! You inspired me.
Deborah
http://sewmuchtogive.blogspot.com

Falafel and the Bee said...

Oh my goodness this is too fabulous!
I love the color scheme, and you executed the idea so beautifully.
Plus, your model looks adorable.
Well done!
~Michelle

carin van den berg said...

Cute very mod outfit. Great job.

Suz said...

Very sweet! Love the cuffs:)

Beth Cavanaugh said...

This is darling--I wish I could get my girly girl to put on something like this!

Marta said...

I love the all outfit but those shorts you made are absolutely fabulous!
I have to try and make a pair for my daughters this winter...

Annika said...

Really love it. Mustard is just the perfect fall colour and it goes so well with the grey/blue. Really well done!

Mae said...

I am definitely loving the colors as well as the multiple layers that can be thrown together ... oooh and the tiny touch of girly with the little ruffles at the bottom. Just an overall lovely outfit.

Mae

Emily Thompson said...

love love love the length of those pants... can you make me a pair... they would look lovely with boots :o) I went with a classes plaid pjs for my look this week! hey, I've started a sewing for kids group pinterest board! I would love for you to join... just shoot me an e-mail with your pinterest info if you are interested :o) I'm on pinterest at ntcreations.e-mail: nap-timecreations@hotmail.com

Annie said...

Beautiful pants! I love your style, your daughter is well-dressed :)

Jade Wright said...

love your colour scheme and those pants. That ruffle isn't obvious or garish its just a perfect addition to pretty amazing pants!!

jacq said...

Great job! This whole look could totally work for one of my boys- sans ruffle of course. Will have to check out that pant pattern.

Zafarani said...

The colors are perfect! Adorable outfit!

Simple Simon and Company said...

Plaid knickers??? It's like two of my favorite things in one awesome creation!!! So cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin