Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Floral Hoodie Dress



I've been collecting fabric for awhile now. Estate sales, discount fabric stores, online. Since I have so much, and a great variety of patterns, I have been making most of Miette's clothes (and some for Henri as well). She was in need of a long sleeve shirt for the semi-cool summer nights and I knew this pattern would be perfect. I made the dress option, with the pocket, and I love it.

I found this floral knit fabric at SAS Fabrics a few weeks ago and it is so easy to sew with. I only bought 2 yards and I should have picked up more! With so many colors in the fabric the different possibilities for contrast/accent colors are (almost) endless!

How cute is this button? I have some for both kids and I want to put them on everything I make for them!

Pattern:  Hangout Hoodie by Peek-a-Boo Patterns
Size: 5T
Fabric: Floral knit with eggplant for neckline and cuff
Button:  Custom wooden button from Pick Your Plum with Miette's name


 She absolutely loves anything with a hood! And she looks adorable in them as well.

125

3 comments:

Heidi Amber said...

Super super cute! And those buttons are WAY cool.
Heidi @ handmadefrenzy.blogspot.com

OnceUpona Sew said...

I really like it with the eggplant! Great fabric score and your daughter is darling! -Rachel

Hootnz said...

This is sweet...love the fabric choice and accent colour...you're right the options would be endless.
It's very similar to a dress I've been wanting to make for my little girl...thanks for the pattern link :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin