Saturday, May 11, 2013

Tumble Tee for my little Mie

 My love for sewing has quickly overtaken my love for cooking. Now don't get me wrong. I still love to cook and bake (and since I'm a personal chef I better still enjoy it!), but sewing is something that I'm loving more and more.

I love seeing Miette wearing something that I made. And even better, when she gets excited to wear it that makes me so happy!

I'm slowly gathering up patterns from around the web (so much easier to follow than the big brand patterns the stores carry) and I was in search of a simple top pattern.

So when Rachael from Imagine Gnats put a call out for pattern testers, I jumped at the chance to stretch my sewing skills and learn a few new techniques. Her Tumble Tee pattern is a color block knit tee or dress. I wanted to try both a shirt and dress, using both knit and a stretch material.  This was so easy to put together and the tips that Rachael had about sewing with knits were so helpful!

I decided to go with a solid color for the top. I veered a little from the written instructions and didn't calculate properly. So the top ended up being a little large in the front. To fix my mistake I added a pleat and a cute bow. And I'm so happy with the way it turned out. The pictures don't show the detail or color very well, but it's a mint with white polka dots. It looks great on her!


The second version is a knit dress. I chose a gray solid knit jersey for the front and a pink and white stripe on the back. And of course, needed to add a little pink and white to the front.

 Miette loves this dress. She can still run, jump and play in this and that is very important to her!

I have a few more tees in mind using this pattern and I can't wait to sew some more!



1 comment:

rachael {imagine gnats} said...

that pleated mint tee might just be my favorite tumble tee ever!! but i love them both so much :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin