She kept requesting a dress "like a ballerina". Which basically meant one that she could twirl around in.
So I obliged. I've been designing and thinking about this dress for around 6 months (after seeing a dress that I loved and thinking that I could make one very similar) and I decided it was about time to make it a reality.
I love how it turned out BUT it isn't perfect and those small imperfections are just killing me! Somehow the front got a little wonky and hemming a circle skirt is just a nightmare (at least for me). There are a few things I would change next time but I'm pretty proud of it and I must say that she loves it!
I used the bodice and ruffle sleeves from the Geranium dress pattern. I lengthened the bodice and added lace to the edges of the ruffle sleeves. I also added a bib yoke to the front (using this great tutorial) and lace as well. Instead of the standard Geranium skirt, I used a circle skirt. The material was a bit thin so I had to double up on the skirt. Which added a bit more bulk but also more twirl for Miette!
And I leave you with some pictures of my girl twirling, this morning, in her new dress. (Note: these pics would be a lot cuter and less blurry if I had used my "real" camera, but my phone was much closer for me to grab when she started dancing. Next time...)