Friday, June 17, 2011

Lovely Lemon Muffins

A few weeks ago I was at a friend's house and she served quinoa muffins with dried cranberries. They were good but a little heavy. I started thinking of ways to lighten the muffins as well as add more flavor. Citrus, tart, sweet. I adapted a lemon poppy seed recipe and replaced the poppy seeds with a large quantity of cooked quinoa, and added dried cranberries, blueberries and cherries. This morning, while Miette was sleeping, I baked these muffins.


These are good. Really good. The citrus-y lemon flavor really comes through. Then you get a little tart burst when you bite into a cranberry and the sweet flavor of the muffin. Miette agrees that they are delicious.


I imagine that these lemon muffins are...




Here's the recipe.


And while Miette was enjoying her snack a special gift arrived in the mail. We pre-ordered this cookbook a few month's ago and were so excited to receive it (we have another one coming, a birthday gift, and that one will be a keepsake for my Miette)! The Miette cookbook from the bakery in San Francisco. Amazing desserts, beautiful photos. I flipped through and want to make each and every recipe! And instead of regular square pages, the entire book has scalloped edges. Adorable!

Hope you enjoy the recipe!

2 comments:

hannah singer said...

these look amazing!! can't wait to bake a batch! xo

(and your daughter is ADORABLE)

the Clarksters said...

What a great way to use a great grain... I'll try them next week (I'm on sugar fast this week)...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin