Thursday, February 11, 2010
Today I am celebrating because I passed my glucose test and I don't have gestational diabetes! Which is a very good thing because it would be so hard for me to give up the wonderful carbs, sweets, sugar, fruit and all the foods that are excluded from a diabetes diet. So I decided to celebrate by making some cinnamon-swirl cupcakes, which taste a bit like snickerdoodles. I love all forms of cinnamon and sugar...cinnamon rolls, cinnamon-sugar doughnuts, cinnamon toast, the list goes on and on.
Being thankful and celebrating this good news made me think of all the other things, large and small, that make me happy and that I am thankful for today.
* That I'm almost 7 months pregnant with our first child, a baby girl!
* My wonderful, handsome husband.
* Absolutely amazing family & friends.
* A freshly mowed lawn, thanks to our new gardener (after waiting 8 years to hire someone!)
* Getting to celebrate one of my best friend's baby at a shower this weekend.
* My awesome dad is building a crib for the baby! And we get to use the bassinet that my father-in-law made over 34 years ago for my husband!
There are so many more things that I am thankful for today but these are at the top of my mind this morning.
What are you celebrating today?