Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Back to Basics


I'm so happy to say that I have been back on the baking bandwagon for the past month or so and it makes me feel like my old self! Last week I had a craving for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and those were delicious (no pictures, too busy enjoying them). This week I went crazy with homemade bread. Amazing english muffins, whole wheat bread and ciabatta sandwich loaves. All the recipes are from The Bread Baker's Apprentice and the bread I have baked from this book are just wonderful. Now the hard part is deciding what type of bread I want to eat!

Today's lunch: turkey, bacon, avocado and mache lettuce on a homemade ciabatta loaf, AMAZING!

*****

On another note, I was doing some shopping at TJ Maxx and I found these cute note cards and adorable little shoes for $5 and I just can't wait for my little one to wear them!


1 comment:

Melissa said...

What is mache lettuce??? That sandwich looks amazing! And your little one will be so cute in all these adorable things you've been showing off. I hope she gets your red hair...I have a soft spot for little ginger babies!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin