Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4th Fun

What a great 4th of July! Lots of new and old friends joined us this year to play in the bocce ball tournament and enjoy some wonderful food. Everyone brought their own meats for the grill, fruit, homemade salsa and a large assortment of delicious side salads! I love to see the different types of food everyone brings and everything I tried was great!

The bocce tournament lasted about 6 hours (sorry, I don't have any pictures of the game or winners!) and those of us who weren't playing were enjoying watching the game, chatting and entertaining the kids. We all had a great time and can't wait for next year!


This year we decided on making burgers and when I found this recipe I knew it would be a keeper! And it was incredible. A jalapeno burger topped with chipotle-cilantro sauce, bacon, muenster cheese and lettuce on a panini roll.


I've been inspired by the many dessert bars I've seen on numerous blogs so I decided that I wanted to do my own! Jars filled with red candy and lots of other red, white and blue goodies.
Dessert Table in Red, White and Blue
Cherries, white chocolate covered pretzels, candy jars filled with hot tamales, assorted chocolates, swedish fish, strawberry & pepper mint gum, raspberry-pecan shortbread cookies

Hope you had a great 4th of July!

2 comments:

number17cherrytreelane said...

I am so sad we missed it. Can we have a reenactment this week or something? And when I say that, i mean i want you to bake all that stuff for me.

Cherie said...

Great photos!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin