Thursday, July 23, 2009

BBA Challenge: Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

I absolutely love cinnamon rolls. A sweet dough filled with cinnamon & sugar topped with a gooey-sugary glaze--delicious! And as with most homemade food these taste so much better than those cinnamon rolls from the can.

I'm not a fan of raisins or nuts in my rolls, I'm a purist and I love just lots and lots of cinnamon and sugar. And I start eating the roll from the outside and eat in a circle ending with the middle. The middle of the roll has the most cinnamon-sugar filling and so this is my favorite part, and I save that for last bite.

How do you eat your cinnamon roll? And do you like a lot of frosting, just a little or none at all?

If I counted correctly these cinnamon rolls are the 8th bread we are making for the Bread Bakers Apprentice Challenge. I'm a bit behind all the others for the BBA Challenge but I will slowly make my way through all the breads in the book. Cornbread is up next and I'm trying to think of something to serve it with, other than a chili or soup. Any suggestions?

P.S. The recipe for these cinnamon rolls and all the other breads from the BBA Challenge can be found in this wonderful book.

4 comments:

ATigerInTheKitchen said...

Gorgeous rolls...congrats! Better late than never. Can't wait to see how your cinnamon raisin bread turns out...it'll be stellar, I'm sure.

Melissa said...

Cinnamon Rolls - YUMMY!

I'm sure they tasted as delicious as they photographed...

Christian said...

Corn bread tastes good with Jambalaya, too. That's one of the ways we enjoy it the most!

susies1955 said...

Beautiful. I so want to make these again but too hot.
Great job,
Susie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin