Friday, June 5, 2009

Vintage Finds in Shades of Green

I was able to visit a few estate sales this morning and added to my collection of vintage kitchen dinnerware, serving dishes and bowls. When I am searching the crowded estate sales, garage sales and thrift stores looking for the perfect vintage piece it reminds me a scene in the movie "Return to Oz." At the end of the movie Dorothy has to go into a crowded palace, quickly find items that are green (which represent people from the Emerald City) and say "Oz" to return the people from figurines back to their normal selves. I haven't seen this movie since I was a little girl but I'm always reminded of it during these expeditions.

After I brought my new items home and started putting them away I realized that I have quite a few things that are green. I know the earth tones (green, brown, yellow) were popular in the 60's/70's so I'm guessing that many of these pieces are from that era. I picked up the pyrex dish, colored glass compote and oval ramekins today the others are pieces that I've had for a few years. The fondue set was my mom's and she gave it to me after I was married. I've used it quite a few times and I love it!

Pyrex dish with glass lid

1. Frosted glass compote 2. Colored glass punch bowl and glasses

3. Mikasa stoneware platter 4. Colored glass compote


5. Set of oval ramekins 6. Avocado green fondue pot


I've been searching for white milk glass and jadite dishes/vases as well as more vintage pyrex so I can't wait to see what I can find on my next outing!

3 comments:

number17cherrytreelane said...

I had so much fun with you!!!!!

Snooky doodle said...

nice items you bought :)

Sophie said...

Indeed, lovely items with a lot of colour! nice!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin