Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Fun Lunchbox for Adults


I was shopping at HomeGoods the other day looking for a pizzelle maker. I normally find some cute, fun food accessories there and it's hard to spend just a few dollars. This time I had a $5 bill in my purse and told myself that if I found something for $5 or under I would purchase it. I found this adorable lime-green lunchbox for $3.99! It has a few small dents and the paint is chipping a bit but I couldn't resist!

A wonderful meal for this lunchbox: Chicken Club Sandwich, Fruit Salad, Izze Soda, Parmesan Chips


Chicken Club Sandwich Serves 1

French Baguette, sliced for 1 portion
Chicken Breast, 1 (pre-cooked, sliced in half lengthwise)
Parmesan Spread (recipe below)
Bacon, 1 slice
Avocado, as much as you like
Arugula, handful
Tomato (optional)

Parmesan Spread (all quantites can be adjusted to fit your tastes)
1/2 cup parmegiano-reggiano, minced
1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
1 scallion, minced
1 tsp caper, chopped (optional)
2 tsp parsley, minced
Zest from 1/2 a lemon
1/2-3/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper

Combine cheese, crushed red pepper, scallion, capers, parsley and zest in a small bowl. Add olive oil to combine. Salt and pepper to taste. Store in refrigerator.

Prep & Cook Sandwich Ingredients:
Make parmesan spread. Cook chicken breast to your liking (I put salt and pepper on chicken breast, saute in a mixture of butter and olive oil, add a little bit of fresh thyme...makes for a delicious piece of chicken.) Cook bacon on stovetop or in microwave until crispy.

Sandwich Assembly:
Slice baguette in half lengthwise. Add parmesan spread to the top and bottom of baguette, top with chicken, avocado, bacon and arugula. Enjoy!



I look forward to using this and think it will make eating (and making) lunch very fun and inspiring!

3 comments:

squirrelbread said...

This is fantastic! The sandwich is great with the arugula spikes sticking out.

Cheers,

*Heather*

Hillary said...

Love this! If anyone needs more lunch ideas, check out our article full of Brown Bag Lunch Ideas

Cathy said...

That lunchbox is fantastic! I'm definitely trying out your Parmesan spread.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin