Monday, May 18, 2009

BBA Challenge Week 1: Anadama Bread


A few weeks ago Nicole from Pinch My Salt sent out a tweet to see if anyone wanted to join her in baking their way through The Bread Baker's Apprentice by Peter Reinhart. I quickly joined in because I love baking bread and this will help to motivate me to bake all the breads in the book. The goal is for each of us to bake a different bread each week, working from A-the end. The group is over 200 people, all over the world baking bread each week. I'm very excited!



Anadama bread is delicious. When I started baking bread years ago Anadama was the first kind that I tried. It's a very easy, flavorful bread and makes wonderful toast and sandwiches. It starts with a cornmeal soaker that sits overnight then that gets mixed with flour, molasses, salt and yeast. Right before it went into the oven I topped with melted butter. The smell of butter and bread was amazing and I almost couldn't wait to try it. I can't wait to bake the rest of the breads in this wonderful book.

3 comments:

Sophie said...

Hello April,
Your bread looks fantastic! I bet it tasted fab!

susies1955 said...

Such beautiful loaves. I've seen a bunch so far and yours are one of the best.
You did great and it is a pleasure baking with you.
Susie

April said...

Thanks! The bread is so tasty and it was fun to make.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin