Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Baby Shower, Good Food, Apron


This past weekend I hosted a baby shower for a good friend. Its her second child, a girl, and we had a casual, relaxing shower to celebrate the new baby. It was a VERY hot day so I made sure to have quite a few cold drinks and delicious, light food.

The menu for the day included: Asian chicken salad sandwich, fruit salad with mint, assorted crudite with hummus, Asian chicken salad, vanilla cupcakes and vanilla sugar cookies. To drink: homemade lemonade with lemon verbena, iced tea with fresh mint, water with lemon and cucumber slices.


The Asian chicken salad is one of my favorite salads and I wanted to share my recipe with you.

Asian Chicken Salad

Assorted mixed greens
Red bell pepper, sliced thinly into 1" strips
Cooked chicken, sliced thin
Mandarin oranges
Green onion, sliced
Cilantro
Sliced almonds
Sesame seeds
Chinese chicken salad dressing (my absolute favorite to use is Cha Cha Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing and Marinade)

Portion sizes are up to you, add a little more of one thing or a little less of another. Mix together and toss with dressing. Delicious!


My friend brought me the best thank you gift, this beautiful apron, wrapped in a glass jar, that her grandmother made years ago. I love it!

1 comment:

Sophie said...

April, lovely & beautiful food & pictures!!!
I love the salad!! I love your apron too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin