Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Fresh from the Freezer: Boeuf a la Nicoise

I made Boeuf a la Nicoise (aka Braised Beef Stew) for dinner the other evening. We were having a few friends over and this was the perfect dish for the evening. Grass-fed beef that was braised in a sauce of tomato, red wine, orange zest, carrots, fennel, onion and thyme at 325 degrees for 3 hours. It turned out very tender, rich and moist. The beef was served over a bed of wide noodles with olives, spinach and parsley. I also made fresh baguettes that were perfect for sopping up the wonderful sauce. The meal started with an arugula-spinach, goat cheese, radicchio, goat cheese and pine nut salad and my husband loved the salad almost more than the beef!

I am just loving these fresh from the freezer meals! A meal that fed 6 people and the only ingredient I had to purchase was a bottle of red wine! Very affordable, filling and delicious.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin