Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fall Flavors: Pumpkin

This past weekend was my mom's birthday and we had the family over for dinner. I decided to make a few pumpkin desserts since it finally feels like fall! The first dessert was a pumpkin pot de creme which was flavored with pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, cream, eggs and sugar. The custard was baked in a water bath and topped with fresh whipped cream.


I had some ladyfingers left from a party the night before so I thought pumpkin tiramisu would be great. I layered the ladyfingers, pumpkin mascarpone and brandy in shot glasses. Both these desserts were the perfect amount of pumpkin tasters!


I also tried to make pumpkin macaroons but those didn't turn out...the second time trying macaroons and I still can't get it right. Hopefully they will turn out one of these days!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin