Friday, October 31, 2008

Marshmallows


I've been thinking about homemade marshmallows and new flavors of hot chocolate lately, anticipating the fall weather that is on its way! I found a few marshmallow recipes and love the combination of peppermint and chocolate so thought I would combine the mint marshmallows with homemade hot chocolate.


The marshmallows were so easy to make (recipe found on epicurious.com) and the flavor combinations are endless! I used peppermint extract for my first batch and the flavor and texture were perfect.

I coated the rim of the espresso mug with sanding sugar for a little crunch and even more sugar. It not only looked pretty but tasted great. Next time I will use crushed peppermints or maybe even melt an Andes mint into the hot chocolate. I can't wait to try even more marshmallow and hot chocolate combinations!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin