Monday, March 5, 2007

Five Things to Eat Before You Die


The Travelers Lunchbox is putting together a comprehensive list, from food bloggers, of the things to eat before you die. I think this is a wonderful idea and it has challenged me to keep trying new foods until I try everything possible that is out there! In thinking about my favorite's I thought about those that I remember with the best memories or the foods that I can eat over and over again.

It was tough but here my list of what I think you should eat before you die:

1. Pho. An amazing Vietnamese beef noodle soup that you can tailor to your tastes by adding cilantro, thai basil, lime juice, jalapeno, bean sprouts, soy sauce and rooster sauce. I have only had the Pho here in California and I can't wait to be able to take a trip to Vietnam to try the original, authentic Pho. Check out the Pho-King blog for all Pho news, all the time.

2. Fresh Baked Homemade Bread. If you have never tried to bake your own bread, not in a bread machine, you definitely need to put this on your list. The fragrance of bread baking is amazing and the taste is incomparable to what you would purchase at the store. My favorites to bake are baguettes, ciabatta and pane siciliano.

3. Chocolate Truffles. From La Maison Du Chocolat--stores in New York, London and Paris. Amazing.

4. Fish and Chips. Preferably at a pub and washed down with a Boddingtons (or two). A comfort food of sorts--crispy, hot & fried.

5. Cinnamon & Sugar Crepe. When the weather is cold, get a crepe from a Paris street vendor. Walk along the Seine, inhale the sweet fragrance, let it warm your face and savor every bite.

As I was thinking about the list, I kept debating on what were the top foods and I'm sure I will think of different things as the days go on, but these are the first that I thought of so I am sticking with them. I encourage you to try these and check out all the others on The Travelers Lunchbox website (click on the guide to the globe logo).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin