Sunday, February 11, 2007

Wat Thai Temple: Open-Air Food Fair











I have a few friends who have been to Thailand and when I came across an article about a Thai Temple in North Hollywood that had a food fair with an authentic Thai street-food I knew I had to check it out. Every Saturday and Sunday from 9-5 you can go to the temple and eat tons of wonderful Thai food! First step is to exchange your money for tokens to use to purchase the food. There are many different entrees to choose from as well as desserts. Just a warning, if you don't want your food spicy--make sure to ask for it mild! Their idea of medium is pretty hot. I had only $5.50 and I was able to get a chicken skewer, fresh papaya salad (they made it in a mortar & pestle right in front of me), some Thai donuts and another dessert, and I had food leftover! It was an incredible experience and I will definitely be going again to try all the other food.

Wat Thai Temple
8225 Coldwater Canyon (Coldwater Canyon & Roscoe Blvd)
North Hollywood
170 Fwy to Roscoe Blvd West.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin